Report someone at risk of being homeless

Who can report

We welcome referrals from anyone as long as you get the consent of the person you're trying to help.

If you work for a public authority, you're required by law to ask a person for their consent and refer them to a Greater Manchester council if they give it to you. This is known as a Public Duty to Refer.

Public authorities include:

  • The Prison Service
  • Youth Offending Services
  • Secure Training Centres
  • Probation and community rehabilitation companies
  • JobCentre Plus
  • Social services departments, such as adult social care and children's social services
  • Emergency health services