Benefits to drinking less
Ever put your recycling out and wondered how you managed to get through so many bottles of wine and beer in only a week? Suffered from one too many mid-week hangovers at work? Or have you calculated how much you are drinking and now want to cut down?
These are just some of the benefits that await you.
- Better quality sleep with fewer ‘middle of the night’ disturbances
- More energy
- Lose weight – alcohol is packed with calories and you will be less likely to eat unhealthy food
- No hangovers – say goodbye to the splitting headache the morning after
- Reduced risk of injury through accidents
- Stay healthier for longer – drinking less reduces the risk of developing long-term health conditions such as cancer, diabetes and heart and liver disease
Social and financial benefits
- Improved mood and relationships
- Better performance at work
- Less likely to get in trouble with the law - for example by acting uncharacteristically in public
- Save money – the more you drink, the more you spend