Animal health

Report concerns about animal health

Report dead or sick birds

Bird flu is a disease of birds caused by influenza viruses.

If you spot any dead or sick birds, you should report them to the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA).

Report concerns about commercial animals

If you're concerned about a commercial animal's health and want to report it, please call us.

Commercial animals include:

  • Animals that are used for food or animal products.
  • Animals that are used for breeding.
  • Animals that are being sold or hired out.
  • Animals that are being used for performance or entertainment.
  • Animals that require a dangerous animal licence.
  • Animals kept in a zoo.

Phone 0300 303 8871 to report concerns about a commercial animal

Report a dead or injured animal

There are laws in the UK to protect the health and welfare of both domesticated and wild animals.

You can find out who to contact about reporting a dead or injured animal on the government's website.

How to report a dead or injured animal