The virtual meetings protocol sets out the rules for holding council meetings online using video and telephone conferencing. The rules in this protocol take precedence over council standing orders in relation to the governance of remote meetings.
This protocol is designed to provide a guide to virtual formal committee meetings involving Members, officers and the public during COVID-19. It has been agreed by the council’s political group leaders and will be kept under regular review.
The virtual meetings protocol includes information about:
- Which platforms can be used for online council meetings
- How public questions will be read and how voting can take place
- How speaking and commenting will work
- The backgrounds and appearances allowed
- How we'll deal with technical difficulties