Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
  Non-Javascript users can confirm they have successfully signed out of MyAccount by clicking here

Dead animal removal

Removal from highways

If you find a dead animal in a public accessible area please contact us and we'll arrange to remove it.

Report a dead animal (opens in a new window)

If you hit an animal with your vehicle you must report this to the Police. Animals smaller than dogs don't need to be reported.

Removal from private property

You can dispose of small dead animals in your wheelie bin. GOV.UK provides information regarding the size of a dead animal you can bury.

More information is available from Environment Agency

Sorry, we don't remove dead animals from private residences.