Parents and carers of children across the borough who are due to start primary school in September 2021 only have a few days left to apply for their child's school place as applications close on Friday, 15 January 2021.
Children born between 1 September 2016–31 August 2017 are due to start school in September 2021.
Applying for your child's primary school place couldn't be quicker or easier thanks to the council's secure online application system.
'I want to remind all parents and carers how important it is to apply by the deadline'
Councillor Kieran Heakin, cabinet member for children's services, said: "I want to remind all parents and carers how important it is to apply by the deadline, applying late makes getting the school of your choice so much harder.
"I also really encourage people to use all 4 preferences; putting only one preference will not guarantee a place at that school."
You can use your smartphone, PC or tablet and the system is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for your convenience. Changes can be made to applications until the deadline and you can also track progress, meaning you don't have to wait for the letter to drop through the door. You will receive instant updates and notifications.
Applicants should be aware that:
- You need to take time to consider 4 preferences that you would be happy for your child to attend. Applications are not dealt with on a first-come-first-service basis, so you have time to fully consider 4 different schools.
- You should use all 4 preferences as we allocate places based on demand and the number of places available.
- You will not increase your chance of obtaining a place at any school by selecting only one preference, or the same school 4 times.
- If you only state one preference for your child and a place cannot be offered, the council will allocate a place for your child at the next nearest school with spaces available.
- Preferences as less likely to be met if applications are received after the closing date, so please get them in before 15 January 2021.
Our online system is easy to use, but you can call 0300 303 0340 with any questions that you may have.
National primary school offer day will be on Friday, 16 April 2021.