Hopwood Park is small pocket park crammed with facilities and features you would normally only expect in a bigger park.
Address: Junction of Coronation Avenue and Manchester Road (A6045), Heywood OL10 2NB.
Opening times: 24 hours, 7 days a week.
Facilities at Hopwood Park
Thanks to the partnership with Friends of Hopwood Park, the park now boasts:
- Modern play area for older children with a picnic area nearby.
- Multi-use games areas and a bowling green.
- Younger kids play area.
- Wildflower meadow, floral features and a mini orchard.
- New path around the park so you can go for a stroll round.
- New drainage scheme which feeds into a new wildlife pond. This means the main field is now good to use for informal recreation all year round, not just in dry weather.
- Temporary café hut open every afternoon in the summer holidays.
- Regular events and activities in the park, especially over the summer holidays.
Friends of Hopwood Park
Friends of Hopwood Park are a superb community group.
They've worked with us in recent years to bring about great improvements to the site.
History of Hopwood Park
Hopwood Park was created over a period of time.
Edward Robert Gregge-Hopwood sold the land to us in sections between 1909 and 1928. The sale included covenants to protect the land for recreational use.
View a selection of images showcasing Hopwood Park.