The Landlord Accreditation Scheme is a free and voluntary scheme for landlords privately renting in the borough. Landlords with accredited properties will have already demonstrated good property and management standards.
What is expected of an accredited landlord?
To become a member of the Landlord Accreditation Scheme, landlords sign an agreement that states the management and maintenance of their properties and tenancy meet the following:
- All gas and electrical appliances, supply and installations have been certified as safe by an approved contractor in accordance with the current regulations.
- Any furniture supplied by your landlord should meet the current fire safety regulations.
- You should have been given a written copy of your tenancy agreement which is clearly readable and shows the level of rent due including dates when rent is due, amounts and methods of payment. Your agreement should states whether you are responsible for the payment of water rates, utility bills and council tax. Any service charges are specified with the cost.
- Your landlord should provide you with receipts for payments of rent, deposits or service charges.
- The name and address of the landlord or agent should be stated in your tenancy agreement.
- Your landlord has a commitment to deal responsively with complaints about tenant behaviour. This means that antisocial behaviour will not be tolerated and your landlord will discuss any complaints received with you. This may also be covered in your tenancy agreement.
- All tenants should be provided with a Right to Rent pack.
- You should have been issued with a written procedure, which includes target response times, for carrying out repairs and maintenance at your property.
- Your landlord should carry out a regular inspection of your property.
- Your tenancy agreement should contain clauses about nuisance and tenant behaviour in the property and the neighbourhood area.
See the Code of Standards for what landlords are expected to adhere to - available on the Landlord Accreditation page.
How to find a list of accredited properties?
We advertise all vacant accredited properties on Pinpoint. On Pinpoint you'll be able to access a number of properties across Greater Manchester. All accredited properties in the borough of Rochdale will be indicated as such on the advert. View all properties on Pinpoint