The Blue Badge Scheme (disabled parking permit) is for drivers
or passengers with severe mobility problems. It generally allows
Blue Badge holders to park close to where they need to go.
Before applying for a Blue Badge
You will need to have all the relevant evidence to make your
claim before you apply. This includes:
- Proof of identification.
- National Insurance number.
- Details of your current Blue Badge, if you have one.
- Digital or signed photo.
- Proof of residency.
Apply for a Blue Badge on GOV.UK
Once you've filled in the online form you'll need to send
us a photo, documents and the payment fee of £10 to complete your
application. You can ring us to pay the fee.
If your application is turned down
If your application is turned down we will tell you why and, you
can ask us to reconsider your case if you think this is unfair. You
can also re-apply if your mobility problems become more serious,
but, we will not consider a new application within 6 months of
your latest application unless your mobility has deteriorated
When can I renew my Blue Badge?
If you’re looking to renew your Blue Badge we can accept
replacement applications up to 4 weeks before expiry. However, to
minimise the risk of having 2 live badges in circulation for
the same person at any one time we only request
the replacement badge be produced 3 weeks before the old
Expired Blue Badges
You must return your expired badge to us. Should the badge
holder pass away, please ensure the badge is returned to
Returning Blue Badges
Please return badges to one of the following libraries:
Blue Badge parking bays
On street disabled bays are at the following locations:
- Baillie Street, Rochdale OL16 1JA (10am to 6pm).
- Bell Street, Rochdale OL16 1JP.
- Cheetham Street, Rochdale OL16 1DL.
- Fleece Street, Rochdale OL16 .
- Hunters Lane Service Area, Rochdale OL16 1YL.
- Newgate (10am to 6pm), Rochdale OL12 6RZ.
- Penn St, Rochdale OL16 1QZ.
- The Butts, Rochdale OL16 1HB.
- The Esplanade, Rochdale OL16 1AQ.
- Town Hall Square, Rochdale OL16 1AA.
- Yorkshire Street (upper), Rochdale OL16 1DF.
- Yorkshire Street (lower), Rochdale OL16 1EJ (10am to 6pm).
- Number One Riverside, Smith Street, Rochdale OL16 1XU.
Google map of the locations