This page provides simple guidance about children who may
need protection from harm.
Report a child at risk
In an emergency please contact the police.
When is a child at risk?
You should contact us if you feel that:
- A child needs protection – if you feel that a child is
suffering harm, neglect or abuse, we can investigate and act to
protect the child.
- A family is under stress – we can offer support and advice and
help families access support from other services.
- A child is seriously ill or disabled – we can arrange an
assessment of the child’s and families needs and provide
Signs of abuse
There are a number of ways to identify if a child is
suffering from abuse, neglect or may be in harms way.
Rochdale Borough Safeguarding Children Board
The Rochdale Borough Safeguarding Children Board (RBSCB) is
the key statutory mechanism for agreeing how organisations in
Rochdale will co-operate to safeguard and promote the welfare of
children in Rochdale.
The Board will continue to lead in the well-established area of
child protection, but in addition, will have other key roles:
- Co-ordinate and scrutinise local agencies arrangements for
- Ensure the effectiveness of what is done by each agency to
- Ensure lessons are learnt from every serious incident involving
set up sub groups to:
- Carry out specific tasks – maintaining and updating policies,
protocols and procedures, multi agency child protection training,
identifying inter-agency training needs
- Provide specialist advice
- Bring together representative to discuss relevant safe guarding
Children's Social Care
Rochdale OL16 5RS
Tel: 0845 226 5570
Minicom: 0845 226 5570
Emergencies and out of hours
Tel: 0845 121 2975