Every cigarette you smoke causes real harm, 1 in 2 long-term smokers die from smoking related diseases, such as:
- Heart disease or heart attacks.
- Lung disease.
Smoking can also adversely affect your lungs, stomach, skin, bones, brain, and mouth and throat.
The effects of second hand smoke can be dangerous to your family and friends.
So why not consider giving up smoking?
Stop smoking clinics
To help you stop smoking there are FREE clinics held every week in Rochdale, Middleton and Heywood. To book an appointment at any of the clinics, please call the stop smoking service.
|Day||Stop smoking clinic||Time |
Mark Street Surgery, 2 Mark Street, Rochdale OL12 9BE||9.30am-12.30pm|
Recovery Republic, 63-65 York Street, Heywood OL10 4NR||9.30am-3.30pm|
Edenfield Road Surgery, Edenfield Road, Rochdale OL11 5AQ||2pm-5.30pm|
Stonefield Street Surgery, 21 Stonefield Street, Rochdale OL16 4JQ||8.30am-11.45am|
Rochdale Infirmary, Whitehall Street, Rochdale OL12 ONB |
Smoking in pregnancy clinic only
Number One Riverside, Smith Street, Rochdale OL16 1XU||2pm-4pm|
Phoenix Centre, Church Street, Heywood OL10 1LR||2pm-4pm|
Durnford Street Clinic, 113 Long Street, Middleton M24 6DL||1.30pm-8pm|
Wellfield Road Surgery, 116 Oldham Road, Rochdale OL10 1AD||1.45pm-5.30pm|
Middleton Arena, LCpl Joel Halliwell VC Way, Middleton M24 1AG||3pm-5.30pm|
Smallbridge Library, Stevenson Square, Rochdale OL12 9SA||9.45am-11.45am|
Castleton Medical Centre, 2 Elizabeth Street, Rochdale OL11 3HY||1.30pm-4pm|
Yorkshire Street Surgery, 188 Yorkshire Street, Rochdale OL16 2DN||1.30pm-5.30pm|
Number One Riverside, Smith Street, Rochdale OL16 1XU||9.30am-12.30pm|
Top tips for quitting
- Get some help, contact the stop smoking service today, see your doctor, ask at your pharmacy or contact local health trainers.
- Plan ahead to help you cope with stressful situations.
- Pick a quit date that will be stress-free and stick to it.
- Take it one day at a time.
- Pair up with someone else who wants to stop so you can support each other.
- Avoid situations where you might be tempted to smoke.
- Keep track of the money you’re saving and treat yourself.
Stop smoking during pregnancy
Stop smoking during pregnancy - stopping smoking while pregnant is one of the best things you can do for you and your baby.
Help for younger people
Stopping smoking for younger people - the younger you start smoking, the more likely you are to die as a result of it.