View information and advice about protecting yourself during the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19).
Latest: local boroughwide advice
Additional local measures: to be reviewed Tuesday, 18 August 2020
This is our current advice:
- Wear face coverings in shops and all public places, as much as possible
- Keep 2 metres apart, at all times
- Avoid physical contact with anyone outside your own household, including shaking hands or hugging
- Get tested even if you don’t have symptoms and isolate if you are told to do so
Government measures: introduced Friday, 31 July 2020
- People from different households are not allowed to meet indoors or in private gardens
- You should try not to share a vehicle with anyone outside your household
- You are only allowed to visit venues such as bars, pubs and restaurants with your own household or support bubble
- You can continue to meet outdoors in public spaces with up to 2 households or 6 people from a number of households but still have to socially distance
Read the full national guidance for the north of England, including the borough of Rochdale, on what you can and can't do.
Face coverings are mandatory in enclosed public spaces
From Friday 24 July 2020, new government rules mean you
must wear a face covering in additional enclosed public spaces including shops and takeaways or you could face a £100 fine. This is to help curb the spread of the virus.
Information and advice mainly from GOV.UK and NHS.UK
Coronavirus: what you need to do on GOV.UK - all the information in one place from the UK government. It includes testing, protecting yourself and others, employment and financial support, school closures, education, childcare, information for businesses, healthcare workers and carers, and more.
Testing for coronavirus
Find out about the test and trace service, including what happens if you test positive for coronavirus (COVID-19) or have had close contact with someone who has tested positive. There's also information about how to apply for a test.
For the safest and most thorough handwashing method, watch this NHS video. Hand washing still plays a key role in protecting yourself and others. Wash your hands regularly, use soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitiser and make sure you store hand sanitiser safely out of reach of children.
Watch video on YouTube (1min 44secs)
The government's plan to rebuild the UK
The plan describes the progress so far and plans for moving forward. It will be kept under constant review.
Local helpline for coronavirus (COVID-19)
If you’re a vulnerable resident or know of a vulnerable resident that requires food supplies, or any other help and support please contact us.
Stay up-to-date with COVID-19 information and advice
View information and advice about the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19).