Coronavirus (COVID-19). Advice if your child is unwell or injured
While it's extremely important to follow the government's advice, you may be confused about what to do if your child is unwell or injured.
NHS 111, GPs and hospitals are still providing the same safe care that they have always done. It’s important that if your child is ill or injured, they are seen by the right people.
Read the coronavirus guidance below to get advice on what to do if your child is unwell or injured.
Find out about local health services in Rochdale borough.
People with life-threatening, emergency or serious conditions will always receive the highest priority from the NHS.
Find a dentist, doctor, pharmacy, hospital and more
Use NHS Choices to find a local health service.
Examples of services include: doctor, dentist, pharmacy, optician, hospital, hip replacement or urgent care service.
NHS app - make GP appointments, order prescriptions and more
Download the FREE NHS app from your mobile device's app store then follow the step-by-step registration instructions on the app.
Before you start you'll need to have one form of identification with you such as your passport or driving licence. It will also help if you know your NHS number, but it isn't essential.
What you can use the NHS app for
You can use the NHS app to:
More about the NHS app - includes how to get help with the app, how the NHS keep your data secure and more.
- Book and cancel appointments at your GP surgery
- Order repeat prescriptions
- View some of your GP medical records
- Register for organ donation and change your donation preferences
- Use the symptoms checker, including an A-Z of conditions and treatment advice from the NHS website
- Access 111 Online, for advice on self-care and whether urgent help is needed
Get an NHS Health Check
Your chance to get a free midlife MOT at your local GP surgery.
Breastfeeding services and advice
We recognise that breastfeeding is the best source of nutrition for babies. It also contains disease-fighting vitamins and nutrients which can help protect children from illness throughout their lives.
We want to encourage mums in the Rochdale borough to feel comfortable to take up breastfeeding and continue confidently for as long as they want to.
National Childbirth Trust (NCT) - information, advice and peer support to help mums with breastfeeding
Find a venue - type in your postcode or town to find Breastfeeding Welcome venues in your area
Give us your views- we'd like to hear about your experiences of using Breastfeeding Welcome venues.
- The Start4Life BreastFeeding Friend chatbot - do you have any questions or concerns about breastfeeding? The BreastFeeding Friend (BFF) is here to support you at any time, day or night, to make breastfeeding a better experience and help you continue breastfeeding for as long as you want to.
Sexual health services
Free and confidential sexual health services for all age groups in the borough are provided by Virgin Care.