This programme takes place each Tuesday from and to the above dates.
To book email
email@example.com or call 01706 925071
The Freedom Programme is a FREE and confidential programme for any women, within the Rochdale borough, who want to know more about domestic abuse. It aims to:
- Help women to identify abusive behaviours and beliefs held by abusive men.
- Help women gain self-esteem and confidence to improve the quality of their lives.
- Show how domestic abuse affects children.
- Help women to recognise future abusers and move onto free lives.
The programme is a 12 week rolling course which runs for 2 hours each week in various locations across Rochdale. Women can join the course at any time but to get the `real benefit’ of the course they need to attend all 12 sessions.
Sessions are run in groups of no more than 12 women and each group has 2 facilitators, who are fully trained and have a deep understanding of the issues around domestic abuse. In the groups you will:
- Have open discussions and take part in activities addressing domestic abuse.
- Have the option to join in as much as you want.
- Get lots of peer support.
- Make friends.
- Become more confident and assertive.
- Receive a book named ‘The Dominator’ which you can take home if appropriate for you.
Crèche facilities are available, in some of the course venues, for pre-school aged children. Please check whether this venue is suitable for children.
To book a place please telephone 01706 925071 or email