About the races
Williams BMW Rochdale Half Marathon, 10K and Fun Run returns for its third year on Sunday, 8 October 2017. It’s one of the highlights of our sporting calendar and has already helped raise thousands for local and national charities.
Whichever run you choose, you'll be starting and finishing at the stunning Rochdale Town Hall, one of the finest buildings in Europe.
Our new traffic-free courses retain an exciting and varied feel, taking you on a tour of our historic town and breath-taking countryside.
All courses will be fully marshalled, signed and have water stations at regular intervals. All runs will be chip timed. There'll be a medal and technical t-shirt for completing the half marathon and 10K. Fun Run entrants receive a medal and goody bag
Online entry deadline for all races is Friday, 29 September 2017.
Watch the new half marathon and 10K routes
Watch a video of the new half marathon and 10K routes
Enter a team
If you've 3 or more friends who fancy a challenge, why not enter as a non-running club team? The first team 3 members of your team to cross the line will count towards a prize for the fastest non-club team. This is a great opportunity for your gym, school, college, work place, football club or just a group of friends to win a prize!! There are no limits on how many members in your team and you could even enter A, B, C teams. You can simply enter your non-running club team upon entry.
Our corporate package enables a company to pay for and administer entries for their staff. For every 10 entries you'll also get a FREE place. Running alongside your workmates can be a lot of fun and this is a great way to inspire a workplace, set a challenge and motivate employees to be active and take part in this great event. If you're a business wanting to take part in any of the events, email
We are happy to offer FREE entry to athletes who have achieved the following times in 2016/17.
- Marathon under 2:35 for men and 2:55 for women.
- Half Marathon under 1:12 for men and 1:23 for women.
- 10K under 32 minutes for men and 38 minutes for women.
Evidence is required, please email
firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. We have some great prizes up for grabs.
Raise money for charity
Our official charity for 2017 is Springhill Hospice. The Rochdale-based charity provides care for people with life-limiting illnesses.
Set up your Springhill Hospice fundraising page
You are welcome to raise money for any other charity/cause of your choice and you can easily set up a web page to collect your donations through websites including
JustGiving GoFundMe or
- The minimum age for entering
- the half marathon is 17 years old on Sunday, 8 October 2017
- the 10K is 16 years old on Sunday, 8 October 2017
- the Fun Run is 4 years old on Sunday, 8 Ocotober 2017
- There'll be a cut-off time of 3 hours for completion from the start of the Half Marathon.
- For your own safety, the safety of other runners and members of the public, the wearing of head/earphones or similar device is not permitted in this event. Automatic disqualification from race results may follow for any competitors ignoring this instruction.
Stay updated on Twitter @RochdaleHalf,
This event is supported by
Women’s Running UK who are staging running events around the UK this year.