Find out about our local history helpdesk.
Resources and support available at a helpdesk session
If you're researching the history of the local area, a volunteer will happily help you find what you need from our local history resources. They can advise you on where to look next or help you use the resources available at the library.
Our local studies collection has a fantastic range of materials and archives about the history of Heywood, Middleton, Rochdale and the Pennines. This includes:
- Newspapers and reference books
- Census returns and trade directories
- Old maps and plans of the area
Book your place at a helpdesk session
Please email us to request a place at an upcoming helpdesk session. In your email, please include:
- Your name and the date you'd like attend our local studies helpdesk.
- What kind of materials you'd like available on the day. Most of our archives aren't stored at Heywood Library so we need to collect what you need.
- Whether you'd like to book a microfilm reader for your session.