You can rent e-scooters as part of a trial we're participating in. The trial is running for 12 months from Monday, 29 March 2021. Lime Scooters are running the scheme on our behalf.
How to rent an e-scooter
To rent an e-scooter you:
- Must be over 18 and have a full or provisional driver's licence. View Lime Scooter's safety advice and information on how to ride.
- Download the Lime Scooter app to find an e-scooter near you.
- Book an e-scooter from the app. This reserves it for you for 10 minutes so no one else can borrow it in that time.
- Go to the location and scan the QR code on the e-scooter's handlebars using the Lime Scooter app.
- To return the e-scooter, you need to park it at a drop off point and take a photo on the Lime Scooter app.
It costs £1 to unlock your e-scooter then 15p a minute to use it.
Payment is calculated and taken using the Lime Scooter app.
Pick up and drop off locations
You can use the Lime Scooter App to see:
- Where the e-scooters are currently located, shown on the app with a scooter symbol
- Locations for parking your scooter when you're done, shown on the map with a 'P' symbol
Follow the instructions on the app or on this page on how to use and drop off a scooter when you're done.
Where you can ride the e-scooters
You can ride the e-scooters around Rochdale town centre. We hope to extend this area to Castleton and Milnrow later on in the trial. You can view the area classed as Rochdale town centre on the map below.
The scooters have highly-accurate GPS tracking which will trigger a message to show on your e-scooter if you leave the zone.
Features of the e-scooters
The e-scooters you can hire have:
View the full specification of the Lime e-scooters
- 9 high-visibility reflectors and lights on-board
- Dual handbrakes with a braking distance half that of the nearest competitor
- Swappable batteries - this reduces the overall environmental impact of maintaining the fleet as Lime don't need to transport the scooters to and from warehouses for charging
About Lime Scooters
Lime Scooters are running the scheme on our behalf. They're fully responsible for all implementation and operating costs. Lime, the world's leading micro mobility company, provides e-scooters in over 125 cities around the world.