Tell us what you think about our site...
We use cookies to provide the best possible service on our website. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.

More information can be found on our privacy policy page
Button to close message regarding cookies (and accept their use)
Report a rogue landlord

Council Tax, benefits and money

Popular services in this section


Discretionary Crisis Fund - help for people in crisis

In certain circumstances you may be able to access help from the Discretionary Crisis Fund.


Discretionary Housing Payment - additional help with housing costs 

You may be entitled to help with your housing costs through a Discretionary Housing Payment or a bond for your rent deposit.  


Universal Credit

Find out what changes may affect you from autumn 2014 and how to make sure you're ready.


Benefit Cap

Find out how this limits the total amount of benefit each household receives.

More services


Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

Disability Living Allowance has changed for working aged people. Find out how this may affect you and how to prepare.


Disabled students allowance

Help for students with disabilities.


Blue badge parking permit

Blue badge permits provide parking concessions for disabled people.


Help with childcare costs

Information on applying for tax credits, childcare vouchers and more. 


Free school meals

School pupils may be able to get free school meals.


School travel expenses

Get help with the cost of travel expenses to and from school.


Support agencies

Details of organisations who may be able to help you in a crisis. 


Make the most of your money

Find out how you can make the most of your money.

Did you know?

You can pay your Council Tax by Direct Debit and reduce your monthly Council Tax. You can choose to spread your payments over 12 months instead of 10 if you're not already doing so.

Pay your Council Tax by Direct Debit


Rochdale - big ambitions
Rochdale manufacturing excellence
Return to top