Changes to your circumstances
It's important you tell us immediately if
your circumstances change as you may get too little or
too much benefit.
It's an offence not to tell us about any change of circumstance
that affects your benefit. We may take court action against
you and if we pay you too much benefit, you'll probably have to pay
Report changes to your circumstances
Select the relevant form to download, print and
Changes you need to report
It's important you complete the relevant form if
you're unsure whether a change will affect your entitlement to
benefit. Here are some examples of the types of changes that you
need to report.
- If you start work.
- If you change your address.
- If your rent changes.
- Changes in income or capital/assets - for you or your
- Changes in status (eg marriage, separation, bereavement).
- The end of entitlement to Income Support, Jobseekers Allowance
(income or contributions based), Employment Support Allowance
- for you or your partner.
- Absences exceeding, or likely to exceed, 13 weeks - for you or
- Changes affecting people who live with you including.
- If someone comes to live with you or if someone leaves your
- If the income or circumstances of someone living with you
changes for example, if they start/end work, start/end
college/university or start/end Income Support.
- If you stop getting Child Benefit for someone.
Revenues and Benefits Service
PO Box 490
Rochdale OL16 9AJ
Tel: 0845 121 2970