Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
  Non-Javascript users can confirm they have successfully signed out of MyAccount by clicking here

Claim Housing Benefit and Local Council Tax Support

From Wednesday, 16 May 2018, most people living in the borough who are aged 18 or over and under state pension credit age will not be allowed to make a new claim for Housing Benefit. You'll have to apply for Universal Credit if you need help to pay your rent.

You'll only be allowed to apply for Housing Benefit after Wednesday, 16 May 2018 if you meet one or more of the following criteria:

  • You live in one of the following postcode areas: BL9 6, BL9 7 or OL12 8
  • You have 3 or more children
  • You live in temporary or specified accommodation
  • You are over state pension credit age
Find out how to apply for Universal Credit

Housing Benefit calculator

​​Use the calculator for an instant estimate of how much benefit you may be entitled to, then you can choose to make a claim. Your estimate will be based on the information you've supplied. 

If you or your partner have savings over £16,000 between you, we can't award any Housing Benefit or Local Council Tax Support, unless you get Pension Credit - Guarantee.

Information you may need to support your benefit claim.​

Calculate and claim Housing Benefit, Local Council Tax Support and Seco​nd Adult Rebate​



0300 303 8870

Postal address
Revenues and Benefits Service
PO Box 490
Rochdale OL16 9AJ