You need to register the death in the district where it took
place within 5 days.
Find out all you need to know about how to register
To register a death in Rochdale you'll need to ring us to make
Notifying organisations of your change in circumstances - Tell
When you register a death we can tell government departments and
local authority services about the death through our 'Tell us
Once' service. The service is free and you can choose which
organisations will be told.
When you ring to make an appointment to register a death you'll
be offered this service.
Organisations we can notify
Information you'll need
- Their National Insurance number and date of birth
- Details of any benefits or services they were receiving.
- Their death certificate.
- Their driving licence or driving licence number.
- Their passport or passport number.
- Their Blue Badge.
We may also ask for information about:
- Their next of kin, including their national insurance
- Any surviving husband, wife or civil partner.
- Anybody who is getting child benefit on their behalf.
- The person dealing with the estate.
You must obtain the agreement of the next of kin or person
dealing with the estate if you're going to provide information
How we will treat the information you give us
We'll treat all the information you give us securely. The
organisations we give your information to will use it to update
records; to initiate /end services, benefits and entitlements as
appropriate; and to resolve any outstanding issues. They may use
the information we give them in other ways, but only as the law
Rochdale Register Office
Rochdale OL16 1AB
Tel: 01706 924784
Fax: 01706 924786