Statutory burial records
The cemetery office at Rochdale Cemetery maintains all the
statutory burial records for:
- Dearnley cemetery, Arm Road, Littleborough opened 1894
- Heywood cemetery, Rochdale Road East, Heywood opened 1856
- Middleton old cemetery, St Leonard's Street, Middleton opened
- Middleton cemetery and crematorium, Boarshaw Road, Middleton
- Rochdale cemetery and crematorium, Bury Road, Rochdale opened
Locating a burial place
You can call in person, telephone or send your enquiry to us at
Rochdale Cemetery. We will search the records for you and give as
much information as is held in our records.
For us to do an effective search we need the following:
- Full name of the deceased.
- Approximate month and year that the individual died.
- The cemetery where the burial took place (if known).
There is a charge for this service currently £33 per search
carried out. You can pay by credit or debit card in person or over
the phone or by cheque payable to 'Rochdale Metropolitan
Borough Council' and send to the Rochdale cemetery office.
Rochdale OL11 4DG
Tel: 01706 645219
Fax: 01706 658632
(closed each day 12noon-1pm)